Families across America are realizing that "dating" leads to trouble, not dynamic marriages. Other families have realized that the "courtship" model is an maze of unexplored definitions, and find themselves taking wrong turn after wrong turn. Is courtship the answer? Is it always necessary? How do young people find each other and then discern the Lord's will for marriage? What does it mean to "marry well"? How do parents shepherd their children through the process? While the Bible doesn't offer a formula for getting to the altar, it has much to say about the maturity, vision, and love that make a marriage beautiful and powerful, from the very first day.
Scripture is rich with guidance for marrying well. Join Geoffrey Botkin and his wife Victoria, David Botkin and his wife Nadia, and Benjamin Botkin and his wife Audri for a six-part series on courtship and preparation for marriage. Ben, Audri, David, & Nadia share their stories and lessons they’ve learned while seeking to answer the question, "Should I marry this person?"
- Preparation for marriage starts early
- What the Bible says about courtship
- What about betrothal?
- Why strong brother-sister relationships are essential, in families and between families
- Dominion, discipleship, and life mission: Marry for the same reason you live your whole life
- Love like Jesus: Selflessly
- Risk management in relationships
- The deadly danger of worry
- What to think about emotions
- How do I know this is the right one?
- How to determine God's will
- The place of faith
- Maintaining peace and harmony between families
- When to skip courtship altogether
- Engagement periods
- Wisely reforming American wedding ceremonies
Geoffrey Botkin, Victoria Borkin, david Botkin, Nadia Botkin, Benjamin Botkin, Audri Botkin
Our Price: $35.00
+ Free Shipping w/ $45 min. purchase
Category: Family & Parenting
Format: CD (Audio)
Publisher: Western Conservatory of the Arts and Sciences
Date Published: Jun 01, 2011
Dimensions: x x ( )