How We Got the Bible, 3rd Edition Updated and Expanded (Book/ Hardcover)
by Neil R. Lightfoot
How We Got the Bible
- How old are the earliest Biblical manuscripts?
- How has the Bible been preserved and transmitted to us?
- Why do we have so many different translations of the Bible?
- How did early Christians decide which writings to include in the Bible?
provides well-researched, accessible answers to many questions like these.
- Learn about the first materials used to write down the words of
- Uncover the facts of some of history's most fascinating archaeological
discoveries, including those of the Sinaitic Manuscript, the Oxyrhynchus
Papyri, and the Dead Sea Scrolls.
- Travel through history, from Jerome to Tyndale and beyond, as Neil R.
Lightfoot discusses the origin, transmission, and translation of the Bible.
Illustrations and review questions at the end of each chapter make this book ideal for either individual or group study. Concise and engaging, How We Got the Bible
is a useful resource for anyone who wants to know the story behind the most widely read book of all time.
About the Author(s)